Contour LST and anti-ligature radiator guards offer robust, hygienic and practical solutions that deliver long-term performance in the most demanding of environments. They are ideal for protecting service providers and vulnerable service users.
Our guards can be retrofitted over existing heat emitters to deliver a durable low surface temperature radiator system for use in hospitals, healthcare facilities and care homes, nurseries, schools and colleges and other public access buildings.
Why choose Contour LST and anti-ligature radiator guards?
We are the design and innovation leaders in the UK radiator guard market:
- The patented quick access design of our DeepClean radiator guards, which enable a single person access to a radiator guard interior for regular cleaning and maintenance, has potentially saved the NHS and other public bodies millions, every year in cleaning costs
- Contour was the first UK radiator guard manufacturer to incorporate anti-bacterial technology into its guards, setting new standards in hygiene and user protection
- Our specialist anti-ligature radiator guards, equipped with fully shrouded TRVs, security fixings and grilles to prevent unauthorised access and self-harm, are widely recognised as setting the standard for safety and security. As a result our anti-ligature guards we are probably specified in more NHS Mental Health Trusts than any other manufacturer
Our DeepClean LST and anti-ligature radiator guards are designed to be robust, easy to clean & maintain and above all safe for service users. They are available in Zintec protected mild steel in various gauges from 1.2mm up to 2mm and in aluminium, if intended for use in humid installation environments. All Contour radiator guards are designed with rounded corners and edges to minimize the risk of injury should someone fall against a unit. For additional durability and corrosion resistance, Contour guards are all powder coated inside and out.
For additional peace of mind all Contour guards are covered by a 5 year product warranty*.
Every DeepClean LST radiator guard we produce incorporates the following design features as standard:
- Pioneering drop-down front door providing complete access to every internal surface for cleaning and maintenance – removing the need for assistance from estates
- BioCote® anti-microbial protection integrated into the product paintwork. This is proven to reduce the risk of health care associated infections such as MRSA and E.coli, by reducing germs and microbes on the guard’s surface by up to 99.96% in less than 2 hours.
- Pre-fabricated cut-outs for vinyl flooring and skirting boards ensure there is no need for noisy and messy on-site cutting
- Space saving and easy installation
A specialist range of DeepClean LST radiator guards has been developed for use in secure environments such as mental health facilities, prisons, custody and remand units where reducing the risk of potential ligature and tamper opportunities is of paramount importance. The 2012 Ministry of Justice report, “Safety in Custody”, states that 9 in 10 prison suicides are as a result of hanging. As death from hanging can often occur even when an individual is not fully suspended, reducing the risk of potential ligature points at all heights is of critical importance. Grilles and external TRV’s on all radiator guards are areas that should receive particular scrutiny.
Anti-ligature measures on the DeepClean range of radiator guards include secure anti-ligature mesh fitted behind all grilles and an anti-ligature TRV shrouds. In addition internal fixings are used preventing unauthorised removal or tampering of the guard and a wide range of security fixings and fasteners are available, designed to stop unauthorised access to inside the guard in the first place.
Contour also regularly develops bespoke radiator guards for individual heating projects requiring a precise or innovative solution. Some of the diverse bespoke radiator guard systems that Contour has developed, include wall to wall radiator guards, radius guards (allowing a LST system to follow angled or contoured walls), free-standing floor mounted guards, vertical guards (for use where horizontal wall space is at a premium), aluminium guards for use in wet or humid conditions, alcove radiator guards and raised bespoke radiator guards (designed to cover raised finn pipe emitters).
Survey and installation of radiator guards
To ensure a guard manufacture and subsequent installation of the highest quality, it is strongly recommended that the installation site is thoroughly surveyed to take into account possible obstructions such as window sills, existing pipework and immovable structures and to plan in for unique guard requirements, including cut-outs. For this purpose, Contour provide a UK wide survey facility, In addition, a radiator guard installation service is also available at very competitive rates.
*Terms and conditions apply.